[council]

[council] Re: NCDNHC group process

Dear Alejandro,

You wrote on Saturday, November 25, 2000 2:31 AM

> I agree that finding out about the decision-making procedures of the other
> constituencies is valuable. Can you start that investigation from your
> position in the Names Council, as a friendly inquiry?

Appreciating your encouragement regarding this survey as NC member,
I do want to highlight NC's previous efforts such as Review Task Force
which submitted a series of self-reflecting questions to the Board
and to create Review Working Group during MdR's Names Council
meeting which awaits NC's final approval before it is announced soon.

Review Working Group which is designed to invite "seven" constituencies
would be the most natural open forum people can compare
what have been done in other constituencies such as from decision-making
procedures to decision-affecting procedure in the DNSO in general.

My proposal was presented as follows and so far I've got support
from Dany and no specific comment on this was made yet.

Therefore, I am hereby asking again as a "friendly inquiry" to NC
to approve this WG to get DNSO a true-sense of bottom-up
consensus developing body within the ICANN.

[Action is needed]
Earlier motion: If we can reach an agreement as soon as possible,
as it is put here, this WG can start from Nov. 27.

If we recall how the previous WGs has been formed since San Jose,
they didn't have to get approval from NC before they were formed.
After WG was formed, NC recognized the charter instead.

Trusting this additional formality prior to its formation will provide
better result, I do request NC to take "friendly action" asap.:-)

Thank you both Alejandro and NC for your cooperation.
YJ