[council]

Re: [council] Re: [icann-announce] ICANN Update - Names CouncilWarns Pre-Registration of Speculative New Domain Names Is Premature

On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, YJ Park wrote:

> > A point of correction:
> > During the Sept. 19 teleconference, the concern that this draft work
> should
> > >be pre-circulated for the comments among Names Council was expressed.
> > >(Erica, registrar constituency) for further discussion.
> >
> > As I recall it, we agreed that Paul, Phillip and ICANN staff should draft
> the
> > release and that we delegated to Ken the power of final approval.
>
> Erica, are you sure?
> First, I don't think this was the case according to my memory.
> You didn't mention anything about Ken and his full power of approval on
> this.
> At least, I was not included in the "we" delecgated.....
> How about other members?
>
> This should be "REVIEWED" by the review committee and
> hope we can come up with proper recommndation to further Names Council
> position documents process and the scope of NC Chair.
>
> YJ
-
Agree again with YJ
Paul and Philip did volunteer for preparing a draft for this, but I do not
remember that the automatic release was included, and certainly not that
Ken would have alone the full power of approval, without reviewing the
draft by the NC
Dany
-

Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                Reseau National de Telecommunications
         pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                  |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme@renater.fr |  FRANCE