[council]

Re: [council] Re: DNSO seat on ICANN board -- from Jamie Love

> While I think it is a good idea also, I do not think it is appropriate for
> people to assume that we do not know these nominees even though we did not
> have such a forum this time.  Jamie and Peter have been very active in the
> ICANN process and at least speaking for myself, I am quite familiar with
> their views and platforms.

This time it happens to be all the candidates are from North America
who you feel you don't have to make another efforts to sound who they are.
However, I am not sure that's the case for the other regions' NC members.

Hiro, Tony, Patricio, Guillermo, and other members,
"Do you know James and Peter well to feel confident enough for your
decision?"

Even though we know them personally, we have to make a certain format
of communication to make sure the candidates stick to what they promised
during the election.

> While our next election is a ways off, Nii or YJ,  you may want to  take
it
> upon yourselves to try to see how other NC members feel, and if they
agree,
> prepare a proposed amendment to our voting procedures for review by the
> entire NC.

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope this should be discussed in the review
committee with more specific recommendation.

YJ