[council]

[council] Registrar Constituency Proxy Situation

After being awaken by a telephone call 6 AM this morning concerning the
inability to get in contact with Erica Roberts the Registrars Constituency's
third Names Counsel representative, I have had time to review my notes from
teh Registars meeting last year in LA. According to my notes, Louie Tuton
stated that in order to build unity among the Names Counsel members, outside
proxy votes would not be acceptable. According to my discussions with Louie,
a proxy had to be assigned to another Names Counsel member. Therefore, it
was agreed upon by the registrars that when a Registrar Names Counsel member
was unable to fulfill his/her duties in connection with voting, the senior
Registrar Names Counsel Member would obtain the proxy. Given the fact that
Ken Stubbs is now in a plane crossing the Atlantic, Paul Kane is acting
senior Names Counsel member for the Registrar Constituency and has both
Ken's and Erica's proxy.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage