[council] Outreach Committee
Re. Outreach Committee
Considering the fast approaching Mid August conference call, I suggest the
following steps to be taken for the Outreach Committee:
1) Prepare a complete the list of the representative from each
constituency to this task force.
2) Every constituency representative should prepare a map with the
location of their members specified by country to have a clear picture of
the countries where there might be a presence and those where not.
3) Preparation of a document describing ICANN and the ongoing process
to introduce new TLDs in the near future. This should be focussed to the
specific event of introduction of new gTLDs and should be a specific and
temporary effort to inform the international community of a potential gold
rush in the registration of new TLDs.
4) Basis of an ongoing plan to extend the knowledge of ICANN and domain
names worldwide specially in the underdeveloped countries (on the lines
proposed by YJ during previous sessions).
5) Possible contacts with authorities or organizations willing to fund
and assist in this task.
I look forward for your comments. To not overload the group with our
discussions, after the preparation of the list of participants of this task
force, we should continue to interact between ourselves and submit our
conclusions to the Names Council.
Elisabeth, I will appreciate it if you could prepare the list of members of
the Outreach Task Force and submit it to us to proceed our discussions.
Thank you all and best regards,
for the IPC