[council]

[council] Procedures for election to the ICANN Board

Colleagues,

Would you mind, please check the procedures in:
      http://www.dnso.org/elections/2000.DNSO-ICANNelection.html
(I do not copy here, it is quite long)

It is based on the one we had for the GA Chair, adapted
for the ICANN Board.
The proposed schedule is:
    1. nomination
       Monday 31 July - Monday 21 August (3 weeks)
    2. acceptance
       same as nomination plus 3 hours
    3. endorsement
       Monday 21 August - Monday 11 September (3 weeks)
    4. one week for negotiation and strategies
    4. NC vote
       (Convention Style, one week of teleconferences may be needed)
       Monday 18 September - Monday 25 September
       Results annonced no later than 25 September at 21:00 CET

In the procedures for GA Chair we had a Watchdog Committee
-- please read carrefully the item 9 of procedures, and tell me
what to do with that.

Best,
Elisabeth