[council]

[council] Intake Committee

(Elisabeth, pleas make sure Roberto gets a copy of this email since he is
on the Intake committee)

In order to get the ball rolling and as part of the new Intake Committee, I
have reviewed the notes from the NC meeting in Yokohama and have taken the
liberty of drafting the following proposed agenda items which were
generated from it in preparation for our mid August meeting.

1.   A definite date of the next teleconference must b e decided no later
than two weeks before the meeting (Please give Ken your availability for
the week of August 14th).  Also, Ken, please propose a schedule of
teleconferences for the rest of the year so we can vote on it at the next
teleconference.  While keeping the date consistent (for example the second
Wednesday of each month)is probably desired, the time should be alternated
to make it convenient (or inconvenient as the case may be) for everyone on
a fairly equal basis.  Also keep ion mind our  report on DNSO review is
expected by the Board no later than n Oct 13th, so a conference call to
approve whatever report is generated should be before this date.

2.   Initiation of DNSO review
Each Constituency no later than July 25th must submit the name of one of
its representatives to be on the Task Force assigned to coordinate our
response to this review.  (The IPC submits Axel).  No later than August
7th, the Task Force must submit a proposal to the NC with specifics tasks
and schedule for complying with the ICANN board's request for such a review
which will be voted on at the next teleconference.  (Reminder Oct 13th
deadline)

3.   Budget Committee
(Swinehart, Porteneuve, Cochetti, Roberts, Schneider)
Met Sunday afternoon in Yokohama
No later than August 7th, this committee shall submit a report of its
findings to NC for discussion/vote at August teleconference.

4.   Outreach Task Force
Each Constituency no later than July 25th must submit the name of one of
its representatives to be on this Task Force (The IPC submits Guillermo).
No later than August 7th, this Task Force shall submit a report outlining
its structure/schedule for enhancing outreach efforts with a particular
emphasis toward dissemination of information regarding the roll out of new
TLDs.

5.   DNSO Board election
Please find a link to the election procedures of the former election
http://www.dnso.icann.org/dnso/notes/19990915.NCtelecon-minutes.html
As you will note, the nominations period lasted for three weeks (which
would take us to August 10th with a July 20th opening of nominations).
Ken, please work with Elisabeth to finalize the procedure for posting with
the call for nominations and keeping in mind that with such a schedule, the
vote could take place at our next teleconference call.

6.   Intake Committee (Chicoine, Schneider, Park,Sheppard, Kane, Gaetano)
This committee has been set up to review the process for running the NC
meetings. I propose one of the first documents we prepare in anticipation
of the next teleconference is the rules regarding running a meeting (i.e.,
how agenda items are created, timeframes, getting input from GA, etc.).
This committee shall submit a proposal no later than August 7th for
discussion/vote at next teleconference meeting.