Re: [council] Working Group "C" final report

Caroline,

I like that suggestion.  If Jonathan was willing to co-ordinate this, it would
be very helpful.  (I have copied Jonathan).

I think that it would also be helpful if Jonathan could indicate the order of
priority that the WG is giving to the outstanding issues being considered by the
WG.

Dennis

"Chicoine, Caroline" wrote:

> Have Jon (or the submitter of a model) summarize the various models for
> implementing new gTLDS that have evolved through the WG in the form of
> position papers or otherwise in a "user-friendly" form, including public
> comments received regarding the pros and cons of any model, and present same
> to the Names Council.
>
> At least then we would have neatly documented the various approaches
> reflecting the hours and hours of work that members of the WGC have
> contributed, and most importantly, have a concrete set of proposals from
> which to work.  I would hope that by focusing on a concrete set of models
> and either adopting one (if we are so lucky to find one that has consensus)
> or at the very least combining several to try to obtain one that everyone
> can "live with" would be most helpful.  Alternatively, we may find that
> multiple proposals could be implemented simultaneously.  Once we have all
> the proposals laid out, we find similarities that are not always evident in
> the abstract.  I think we saw that the Registrars' comments during the
> NSI/DOC/ICANN discussions were given much weight simply because they had a
> clear and concise proposal. Likewise, I believe Working Group B is making
> great strides since their is a proposal on the table that people can work
> with (again, it helps focus everyone).  WG C has debated the various issues
> in great depth and detail and despite the high level of noise at some
> points, there has been a very intelligent debate on the issues. I think now
> we need to help focus the group so they can move to the next level.
>
> Just my thoughts.
>
> Caroline

begin:vcard
n:Jennings;Dennis