Re: [council] WGC Report Vote

Caroline,

My memory is that we gave the WG an extra 10 days "to finalise" the report,
since it was not clear to us that the report had been considered fully by the
WG.  I assume that what we now have is the "finalised" report (although it looks
identical to the one tabled in Cairo).

Anyway, we have the report, and we now need to publish it for comments for four
weeks, as I believe we agreed in Cairo.  I suggested in Cairo that we request
formal written (e-mail) submissions (rather than ad-hoc e-mail comments) which
we will consider at an NC meeting, and, if we agree, will pass on with the
reprot to the ICANN Board with our recommendations.

Dennis

"Chicoine, Caroline" wrote:

> In putting out a call to vote on his Report Jon states:
>
> "the Names Council gave us an extra ten days to submit the report,
> largely so that we could schedule a vote and have that extra assurance of
> procedural regularity."
>
> It was at least my understanding that the Names Council provided an extra
> ten days since we wanted people to have time to comment (not necessarily
> vote) on Jon's report regarding the past activities of the Working Group
> since his Report regarding same came out only days before Cairo, and so that
> Jon could add more information regarding the current state of the Working
> Group and its next anticipated activities which were not "fleshed out" in
> the Cairo draft, again with time for people to comment on same.
>
> More importantly, I had specifically asked Jon in Cairo that to the extent
> that any votes were referenced in the Report, that Jon provide us with a
> record of those votes (i.e., the person who voted and their vote), but could
> not find any such attachment to his Report.
>
> Ken, unless I missed it (and if I did, could someone point me to the right
> place in the Report) as Chair, can you ask that Jon attach any such voting
> information to his report before it is put out for public comment?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Caroline
begin:vcard
n:Jennings;Dennis