Subject: [council] Invoicing ccTLD Contributions
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 23:23:14 +0000
From: Dennis Jennings <Dennis.Jennings@ucd.ie>
To: Andrew McLaughlin <mclaughlin@pobox.com>
CC: DNSO Names Council <council@dnso.org>, Fay Howard <fay@centr.org>

Andrew,

I have received a reasonably good response to my request to the ccTLD
Constituency to provide $5,000 to cover the DNSO Names Council costs to date.
The main issue raised is that the expenditure was not approved by the ccTLD
Constituency - and that no further contributions will be made unless and until
the ccTLD Constituency approves the NC budget.

A practical point now arises - how to collect the moneys volunteered.  All
ccTLDs who have offered money require an invoice from ICANN on behalf of the
Names Council.  Can these invoices be raised - I will supply the details of the
amounts and the ccTLDs - but first I need to make sure that a process can be put
in place.  The ccTLD Constituency has no legal standing and cannot collect this
money.  CENTR does not speak for all ccTLDs and cannot collect this money.  The
.IE Domain Registry (which underwrote this $5,000) will not undertake this
administration - and in any case if it did, it would require an invoice for the
total amount.

Assistance please

Thanks
Dennis