Re: [council] RE: preliminary budget

happy new year ben

the basis is used for budget preparation was an e-mail i received from you
on 12/16 to wit:

"The Berkman Center's rate, as documented in my 6/16 email to
council@dnso.org, is $100/hour for webcasts within our business day,
$200/hour for webcasts during non-business hours for which our staff are
ordinarily awake, and $500/hour during our usual sleeping times.  That rate
is all-inclusive -- including web site updates and long-term hosting.  Our
goal in setting these rates is to recover our costs -- long-distance
telephone costs, staff time, etc. -- and I believe those figures do indeed
reflect the expenses the Center incurs in running these webcasts.

At the moment, my records show the DNSO Names Council having had one
four-hour teleconference outside the business day (6/25) and eight two-hour
teleconferences within the business day (7/12, 7/26, 9/15, 9/22, 9/30, 10/5,
10/27, and 12/15).  Those sum to $800 and $1600 respectively, so I show the
DNSO's total outstanding obligations to the Berkman Center to be $2400 as of
today."

i do the best i can with the information i have at hand. ( just after the
last council meeting elizabeth promised to get me some additional
information prior to 12/31 and i still have not yet received it)

best wishes

ken