[council] Expenses

Sorry not to be on the call when you discussed the business plan generally
and webcasting expenses in particular.  (Had to go to class!)

The Berkman Center's rate, as documented in my 6/16 email to
council@dnso.org, is $100/hour for webcasts within our business day,
$200/hour for webcasts during non-business hours for which our staff are
ordinarily awake, and $500/hour during our usual sleeping times.  That rate
is all-inclusive -- including web site updates and long-term hosting.  Our
goal in setting these rates is to recover our costs -- long-distance
telephone costs, staff time, etc. -- and I believe those figures do indeed
reflect the expenses the Center incurs in running these webcasts.

At the moment, my records show the DNSO Names Council having had one
four-hour teleconference outside the business day (6/25) and eight two-hour
teleconferences within the business day (7/12, 7/26, 9/15, 9/22, 9/30, 10/5,
10/27, and 12/15).  Those sum to $800 and $1600 respectively, so I show the
DNSO's total outstanding obligations to the Berkman Center to be $2400 as of
today.

I should note that these figures are separate from the amounts the DNSO
might owe ICANN for room rental, webcasts and meeting tech, and other
meeting-related costs for Berlin, Santiago, and LA.  I believe Andrew can
best report the DNSO's obligations, if any, in that area.

Ben Edelman