From: Lusan Chua [mailto:lchua@cdt.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 1999 3:23 PM
To: chicoinc@PeperMartin.com
Subject: icann at large elections

Caroline,

My organization, the Center for Democracy and Technology, is an
internet policy group that is conducting an independent study of the
ICANN At Large election process in cooperation with Common Cause and
the Markle Foundation. Our goal is to bring together elections
experts, members of the ICANN community, and internet community
leaders to develop recommendations to ICANN on the elections process.
Our first steps in this process will be to gather opinions and
observations from leaders and participants in the ICANN community.

In attending the ICANN Los Angeles conference, I had the opportunity
to hear you speak at the Names Council meeting. As a leader the
intellectual property constituency and an active member of the Names
Council, it would be great to have your input on this process. I was
wondering if you have the time to have a brief chat by phone about
these issues either before the holidays or during the beginning of
Janurary If so, please let me know your availability and contact
info, I would most appreciate the opportunity to discuss the project
with you in further detail.

Regards,
Lusan

Lusan Chua