Re: [council] Report on Berkman Center Proposals

Richard,

I interchange my tasks, I wish you have my opinion before
the end of your business day.

> 2.  Methodology:
>
> a.  Input:  a separate "comments@dnso.org" alias would be established
> with no limitations on posting.  Thus any GA member, working group
> member,
> or even outsider could post to comments for review by the Intake
> Committee.

==> Technical:

    My experience (6 month, will release this week already written
    "1999 Secretariat lessons") is that it is absolutely impossible
    to have a completely open list without any manual approval.
    Recent attacks have proven than you may destroy the whole dnso.org
    server. There is no more any open list on the icann.org site.

> If email posts become too difficult to manage, a "form submission" on
> the DNSO
> web site with mandatory fields should be set up.  This  would also allow
> direct
> submission to each member of the Intake Committee (a special mail box if
> they
> choose) and protect them from spam.

==> The protection from spam means filtering. Which means that spams
    are stopped at the dnso.org server (ressources needed).
    I want to stress out, that a direct democracy (i.e. without structure)
    may work only when civil rules are respected, otherwise
    the burden is moved from one group to another.

Kind regards,
See you later today.

Elisabeth