Re: [council] GA Chair Nominations.DOC

Caroline,

Your summary is very good. I have one main comment regarding
consistency with dates in the "Call for nomination procedures" the NC
established and which is quoted on the main http://www.dnso.org/ page.

We have always Friday 18:00 CET as a border between actions:
        Friday   Nov 26, 18:00 CET -- call for nominations open
        Friday   Dec 10, 18:00 CET -- call for nominations close
        Friday   Dec 10, 18:00 CET -- the NC starts to discuss
        Friday   Dec 17, 18:00 CET -- decision of the NC published
whereas your proposal gives:
        Friday   Nov 26, 18:00 CET -- call for nominations open
        Thursday Dec  2, 16:00 CET -- call for nominations close
        Thursday Dec  2, 24:00 CET -- list of accepted nominees published
        Thursday Dec  2, 17:00 CET -- call for endorsements open
        Tuesday  Dec  7, 16:00 CET -- call for endorsements close
(the NC starts just after and gives results on Friday Dec 17).

I would suggest the following date's adjustement:
        Friday   Nov 26, 18:00 CET -- call for nominations open
        Friday   Dec  3, 18:00 CET -- call for nominations close
        Friday   Dec  3, 24:00 CET -- list of accepted nominees published
        Friday   Dec  3, 18:00 CET -- call for endorsements open
        Friday   Dec 10, 18:00 CET -- call for endorsements close
        Friday   Dec 10, 24:00 CET -- list of nominees+endorsements published
(the NC starts just after and gives results on Friday Dec 17).

Explanation:
  - we will avoid criticism about differents hours
  - we will avoid criticism about shortened time, less than a week,
    for nominations and endorsements
  - the list for nominations: ga-nominations@dnso.org is different
    from the list for endorsement: ga-endorsements@dnso.org, and
    therefore it is not difficult to have the same hour as a limit

I believe (experience of the NC vote for ICANN BoD) it is necessary
to write up front that the messages sent to ga-nominations@dnso.org
and ga-endorsements@dnso.org are processed manually (approved manually).
Both lists are de facto open to anybody and besides fraudulent posts
may be targetted by spams or by spoofing.

Caroline's summary hopefully provides templates
for posting to that lists, therefore we have a very clear situation:
    - the rule for accepting messages by the DNSO Secretariat
      is a conformity to a template and this procedures
      (the non-accepted messages are re-sent to the watchdog
      for decision)
    - the watchdog commitee is in charge of detection of fraudulent
      posts

Elisabeth