Re: [council] Letter to L.Touton

Ken -

Thanks for copying this to us.  Joe is ICANN's outside counsel, and as such
he has an important role in providing legal guidance to all involved with
ICANN.  As an individual, like all of us, he has a right to comment wherever
he pleases.

But rather than defend him with a knee jerk, which I would be inclined to
do, let me ask Kathy to please specify *exactly* what she is objecting to
since I have not seen all the postings.  Otherwise, let's consider the
matter closed.

Esther

At 07:25 am 11/20/1999 -0500, Ken Stubbs wrote:
>i too agree personally with theresa's concerns here.
>i have found joe sims  postings to be clearly defined and very helpful.
>i do not find that he in any way has biased any issues or debates and am
>quite comfortable
>with his current relationship with the ICANN organization and its various
>supporting bodies.
>
>ken stubbs

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800    --  1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com                    http://www.icann.org

PC Forum: 12 to 15 March 2000, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
Book:  "Release 2.1: A design for living in the digital age"
High-Tech Forum in Europe: October 2000, where would you like it?
Barcelona, Edinburgh, Istanbul, other?