Re: [council] [ga] GA representation on the Names Council

This message and any attachments are intended for the individual or entity
named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose this communication to others; also please notify the
sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.
Thank you.

John, as usual your logic is impeccable, and I agree with everything you
say here.  (By the way, why don't you offer to serve as the GA Chair?)  It
is time for the NC to do what it was set up to do -- manage the consensus
process.  I know how tough it is, since everyone has a day job and there
are a high proportion of nuts on the GA list, but life is not fair, and the
job still must be done.  I would strongly urge your bullet point
suggestions as opposed to your earlier proposal, since that is more in line
with how the DNSO was originally structured and how it seems to me it can
best act to truly be an effective consensus development body.  I hope your
ideas will find some disciples on the NC.

John C Klensin <klensin@mci.net> on 11/18/99 08:25:28 AM
Extension: