Re: [council] FW: $5,000 payment

Caroline and Andrew,

Andrew informed me he and Louis Touton will be in Paris on
November 19th (next Friday), therefore I propose I use the opportunity
of their business travel to Paris to meet with them and discuss
how to set up from a legal point of view the DNSO Secretariat.
I belive it is slightly more complicated that what your email
suggests, but still very simple.

The Bylaws states that the DNSO shall cover its own expenses.

Once the DNSO have a budget, we need the legal structure
able to do the following:
   - emit the invoices for the Secretariat work in France
     and receive checks (manpower cost)
   - emit the invoices for the Secretariat expenses
     (telephone, teleconferences, anything material, ...)
   - reimbource ICANN or Berkman Center (or anybody else) for
     services provided by them (webcasting, physical meetings, ... etc)
I believe that we need not only the ICANN ability to emit checks
but ensure that the Secretariat may emit invoices and perceive checks.

I am preparing the Secretariat input for the DNSO budget,
and will provide it in few days to the NC group working on budget.
Caroline wrote a summary of ACTIONS ITEMS in her message
"Names Council November 2nd Meeting in LA.DOC":
|   7. NC Business Plan
|      Ken Stubbs shall prepare draft budget for circulation
|      to NC no later than December 1, 1999.

Kind regards,
Elisabeth

NB. We have Andrew McLaughlin and Joe Sims on the council@dnso.org