From: Dennis Jennings [mailto:Dennis.Jennings@ucd.ie]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 1999 1:20 AM
To: 'Elisabeth Porteneuve'
Cc: edelman@law.harvard.edu; zittrain@law.harvard.edu; council@dnso.org
Subject: RE: [council] NCtelecon Oct 27th, agenda

Elisabeth,

The key issues for today's agenda are:

1.  Ratification of the election of the Board members - this we need to do
formally.

2.  DNSO Budget / Finances - specifically the requirement for each
Constituency to commit $5000 in LA.

3.  The Agenda for the Names Council Meeting in LA.

4.  The relationship between the Names Council and the DNSO Elected Board
members.

5.  New Constituencies - specifically the Individual Domain Names Holders
Constituency.

6.  The Role of the GA.

7.  The Organisation of the DNSO - administration support from ICANN.

Thanks
Dennis

On Sunday, October 24, 1999 10:36 AM, Elisabeth Porteneuve
[SMTP:Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr] wrote:

> Please find enclosed the tentative agenda for the NC telecon
> to be held on Wednesday, October 27th.
> Your comments/modifications are welcome. Sorry for rushing.
> Kind regards,
>
> Elisabeth
>
> [ from http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/19991027.NCtelecon-agenda.html]
>
> ICANN/DNSO
>
>       DNSO Names Council Teleconference on October 27th, 1999 - agenda
>
> October 24, 1999.
>
> Date, time, phones and webcast
>
>   1. The Names Council teleconference will be held on October 27th at the
>      following time:
>
>          ------------------------------------------------------------
>          NC Teleconference, October 27th, 1999, 2 hours, begins:
>          ------------------------------------------------------------
>          Reference (Coordinated Universal Time)     UTC         13:00
>          ------------------------------------------------------------
>          California, USA                            UTC-8+1DST   6:00
>          Missouri, USA                              UTC-6+1DST   8:00
>          Washington DC, USA                   (EST) UTC-5+1DST   9:00
>          Ottawa, Canada                             UTC-5+1DST   9:00
>          Santiago, Chile                            UTC-4+1DST  10:00
>          Montevideo, Uruguay                        UTC-3+0DST  10:00
>          Buenos Aires, Argentina                    UTC-3+0DST  10:00
>          Dublin, Ireland                            UTC+0+1DST  14:00
>          Brussels, Belgium                    (CET) UTC+1+1DST  15:00
>          Barcelona, Spain                     (CET) UTC+1+1DST  15:00
>          Madrid, Spain                        (CET) UTC+1+1DST  15:00
>          Frankfurt, Germany                   (CET) UTC+1+1DST  15:00
>          Paris, France                        (CET) UTC+1+1DST  15:00
>          Seoul, Korea                               UTC+9+0DST  22:00
>          Tokyo, Japan                               UTC+9+0DST  22:00
>          Melbourne, Australia                      UTC+10+0DST  23:00
>          ------------------------------------------------------------
>          For other places see http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
>
>   2. Theresa Swinehart or Ken Stubbs or Don Telage will kindly provide the
>      teleconference bridge
>
>   3. The NC will be webcast by Berkman Center, thanks to Ben Edelman
>      edelman@law.harvard.edu
>
>      Access will be via http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/icann/dnso as usual.
>      Requires RealPlayer 5.0 or later and a 14.4Kbps or faster modem.
>
>      The NC expects each of the Constituencies to raise some money to pay
>      for webcast. The business plan and budget are the first item on the
NC
>      agenda.
>
>   4. Remote participants to the open NC meeting may send questions to
>      webmaster@dnso.org
>
> Agenda and related documents
>
>   1. Discussion and adoption of agenda
>
>   2. Minutes and Matters Arising
>
>   3. Names Council Chair
>
>         o Selection of LA NC Chair
>
>           The IP Constituency was expected to chair the NC, namely
Jonathan
>           Cohen. As Jonathan got elected to the ICANN Board, it seems
>           necessary to select somebody else.
>
>   4. General Assembly Chair
>
>         o Selection of LA GA Chair
>         o Election of GA Chair for year 2000
>
>      From http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/19991005.NCtelecon-minutes.html
>
>           There is a general misunderstunding about the GA role.
>
>           Action: NC initiate a discussion about the GA structure as well
as
>           about relations between different components of the DNSO. From
October
>           16th, after elections to the ICANN Board, the NC will initiate
the call
>           for nominations for permanent GA Chair. To be elected in LA.
>
>           Action: NC initiate a discussion about concensus. There is a
necessity
>           to have more understanding abount consensus. The Chair of GA
should not
>           interpret consensus like in Santiago meetings. The coordination
between
>           the NC and GA is needed.
>
>   5. Schedule of Meetings in LA and technical arrangements
>
>      General pattern
>
>            Monday:
>
>               * Meetings of some ICANN-related entities, such as Domain
Name
>                 Supporting Organization (DNSO) Constituency Groups.
>
>            Tuesday:
>
>               * Meeting of Governmental Advisory Committee.
>               * Meeting of DNSO General Assembly.
>               * Meeting of DNSO Names Council
>               * Possible meetings relating to Address Supporting
Organization or
>                 Protocol Supporting Organization.
>
>            Wednesday:
>
>               * ICANN Open Meeting (public session with the ICANN Board of
Directors).