[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [council] Post-election steps
I my understanding correct that ICANN expected all 3 SO's
providing selection results for October 22th ?
I recall that you sent this information to the NC few days
ago unless you gave it during one of the voting NC telecons.
I am sorry I cannot check it now, today is my very busy day.
Will be back on line in 4 hours.
> From email@example.com Thu Oct 21 13:20 MET 1999
> Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:15:21 +0900
> From: Richard Lindsay <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> X-Accept-Language: en
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> To: email@example.com
> CC: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
> email@example.com, Joe_Sims@jonesday.com
> Subject: Re: [council] Post-election steps
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> OK, it seems that there is enough support to initiate a ballot
> with the Vote Bot system. I believe that we should follow
> the schedule to approve the vote, and submit it to ICANN
> (and simultaneously pursue the independent audit.)
> I propose the vote be either "for" or "against" the motion,
> and that we vote by the 25th of October and submit the
> vote by the 26th if there is a majority.
> The only reason I suggest waiting until the 25th is because
> there is only one day left this week. I would support an
> earlier vote, but I think there may be some problems with
> people traveling or not accessible to email. However we
> can start voting early, and submit the results once we reach
> 10 votes. This is a little off procedure, but we are interested
> in timeliness, would this violate any rules (Andrew?)
> Best regards,
> Theresa Swinehart wrote:
> > Richard,
> > My recollection is similar to yours - we agreed we need to do it but the
> > timing was parallel (i.e., it wouldn't hold up getting the results out).
> > Theresa
> _/_/_/interQ Incorporated
> _/_/_/System Division
> _/_/_/Director and General Manager
> _/_/_/Richard A. S. Lindsay