[council] NC telecon Oct 5th, results to be published

Council,

It's time to publish the results from the NC telecon
of October 5th. You may recall (yes I know it was a looong time ago)
that major comment to my draft concerned "NC is obligated by law
to webcast" issue.

I took into account your contributions (Joe, Theresa, Dennis, Richard,
Caroline) and corrected the draft in the folllowing manner:

was>  The NC is obligated by law to webcast, but have no money. There is a
was>  reality shock, the DNSO and its institutions are likely to be
was>  expensive. Impossible to have international organization,
was>  teleconferences, secretariat working 15 hours/day, notes, and support
was>  without appropriate budget. The raw estimation is $US 300,000.
was>  Furthermore also constituencies need to estimate their budget. Some
was>  constituencies would like to share facilities with the DNSO central
was>  secretariat, some consider needing full time dedicated secretariat.

      The NC felt that it had an obligation to webcast the NC Meeting and the
      DNSO GA, but have no money. There is a reality shock, the DNSO and its
      institutions are likely to be expensive. Impossible to have
      international organization, teleconferences, secretariat working 15
      hours/day, notes, and support without appropriate budget. The raw
      estimation is $US 300,000. Furthermore also constituencies need to
      estimate their budget. Some constituencies would like to share
      facilities with the DNSO central secretariat, some consider needing
      full time dedicated secretariat.

was>   The NC has an obligation to webcast, it is a fact not an alternative,

      The NC has a desire to support transparent process and remote
      participation, webcasting is needed, it is a fact not an alternative,

The corrected and complete text is in:
[ from http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/19991005.NCtelecon-minutes.html]

I will publish tomorrow 18:00 CET if no major objection from
your side.

We should have it done since Oct 16th, but everybody was exhausted.

Elisabeth