Re: [council] Election No. 3 - Explanation and Proposed Action.

>ballot, had it been properly counted, I very strongly recommend to the
>Names Council that the proper course of action is to repeat the voting
>round in which the error occurred.
>
>In other words, I very strongly recommend that we restart the Election No.
>3 at the beginning with round 1.  (The ballot number will be 11).

I don't know very much about legal issues, but from my "politic" point of
view, I think this is the best choice.

>As the Names Council's current temporary acting teleconference chairman, I
>believe that it is my responsibility to make a decision in this sort of
>situation, and I therefore call the restart of the third election.

Mmmm. I think this is not you responsability as a Teleconference chairman.
This problem is so serious.
I think all of us have to decide it. If there isn't objections during today
and tomorrow I believe that it's a consensous.

>I propose that the first round of voting will start at 15:00 CET on Monday.
> In order not to have any repeat of the problems we experienced, I propose
>that each round of voting take 1 hour -oting to be completed within 35
>minutes and e-mailed to Elisabeth, the votes acknowledged by Elisabeth by
>e-mail and checked by each Names Council member individually within 55
>minutes, and results to be available and the next vote to start after 60
>minutes.  Round 1 will start at 15:00 CET, Round 2 will start at 16:00 CET,
>and Round 3 will start at 17:00 CET.  If additional rounds are required,
>they will continue on Tuesday.

It's a good proposal. I agree and support it.

Raul Echeberria
raul@inia.org.uy