Re: [council] ISPCP election results

Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:

> Congratulations to the ISPCP constituency and to its
> Permanent Names Council delegates.
>
> You are the first constituency with 3 *Permanent* Names Council
> delegates, compliant with ICANN Bylaws on the GD.
>
> As of today, we have 2 Constituencies with *Permanent*
> Names Council delegates: ISPCP and gTLD.
> The elections are underway this week within Registrars
> and Business.

Well, I believe that ccTLD reps are also permanent....even if they do
not seem to comply with the GD provision. But this is another story.

As for registrrs, we wil also have permanent reps...but not that much.
I mean that we have applied for a non-permanent, parital, waiver in
the sense that we are elcting pèople form three diffenert regions, but
one of them is a residnt but not a national of one of the regions. I
understand that ICANN Board is willing to accept such a situation for
90 days, and we all should look for a solution, if available, during
that period (the problem being that our consituency has a predefined
and limited memberhsip, and we seem to lack entites willing to
volunteer people in complete accordnce with the DG provision for three regions....).

BTW, congratulations to the freschlñy elected Michael, Tony and Hiro.
Hope it won'ttake that long before you get used to your "new" job ;-)))))

Amadeu