Re: [council] FW: [ga] GA Adcom Election Committee

Greetings,

I certainly see your logic, the problem now is going to be dealing
with the fact that the GA (that is the mailing list) has come to
the decision that they should start forming this body.  I believe
the "problem/requirement" is the belief that the General Assembly
should be an independent entity that votes, and makes its own
determination.  Not to mention that there is an extremely strong
mistrust of the Names Council.

I am not sure of a solution for this, but I believe we should
look closely at the discussions, and attempt to come up with
some sort of compromise.  One thought, is perhaps to designate
the DNSO ICANN Board reps to be the AdCom, and the runners
up in the election could fill up any remaining positions if it
is determined that there should be more than 3 "seats."  Or
perhaps the DNSO Board reps and the GA chairman would
represent the AdCom...

I haven't thought this through quite yet, so someone attack
my logic please.   I doubt any compromise would please everyone.

Theresa, has any thing of this kind come up on the Committee D
discussions?  It seems somewhat related doesn't it?

See you all (figuratively) in a couple hours,
Richard