Re: [council] The election mechanism to be used by the NC

>I think we are really close now. My only doubts come form the real
>need to have telconfs each day, or the availability of alternative
>technologies., What is clear is that ALL NC MEMBERS should agree form
>now on to book one hour a day, at the usual time, during the whole
>week (form Monday to Friday). We all hope that we'll be done with
>three days of votes, but we need to be prepared to use a second day in
>the first and perhaps also the second elections. If we are not all
>presnet at a time, be that on the phone or in frnt of our computer, so
>we can cast multiple rounds in a short time, all of us at the same
>time, the process will be ENDLESS.

I agree. And think that teleconference is very expensive. At least for me.
(I'm representative of NON COMMERCIAL sector).

I have some important doubts.

1) I read the Amadeu's comments, but who decided that nobody will be
elected in the first round?. I don't agree with that.

2) I strongly prefer that all votes until third round inclusive, would be
sent by mail and not necesarely during the teleconference. I don't
understand why it is neccesary.
I either agree with that.

3) What did we do to obtain this extemely complex system??
I believe that the Andrew's proposal is simplest (in that moment I thought
it was complex......). I think it is important to add only that in the
first round  each NC member has 3 votes.

Finally I ask you to have two or three more days to decide it and I propose
that we vote to aprobe this system point by point.

If it is only my thought, good. Go ahead with this mechanism.

Raul Echeberria
raul@inia.org.uy