Re: [council] Summary of AAA's concerns on NC elections

Dear Amadeu and NCers,

>C) NCDNH and IPC have not expresed their commitment to select the
>permanent NC reps prior to the ICABB Direcortrs election (and rumours
>say that they will probably no, even if we don't have cofnirmation
>within NC).

First I feel sorry for not giving you explicit info
on NCDNHC's permanent election,
which I had regarded that everybody must be aware of it.
And it turned out to be against my expectation.
Let me explain NCDNHC election schedule as follows.

The next election will take place prior to 2000.2.20.
The bylaws may be revised prior to the next election as appropriate.

As many of you have been informed that NCDNHC formally started
from Santiago, not from Berlin just like the rest of constituencies so far.
From its inceptive recognition by the Board, it has been announced that
NCDNHC would follow its own timescale, which is a bit different from
those six constituencies' one.

With regard to the specific schedule of our permanent NC election
instead of prior to 2000. 2 will be discussed together with our Bylaws
revision issue during our monthly Administrative Committee teleconference
of NCDNHC.  The next one will be held on Sept. 28.

Even though we can be called provisional NC members in the light of
its formation process, however including myself, Raul and Kathy,
three of us have been elected through legitimate election process,
the strongest reason ICANN Board wants to watch permanent NC
members by election not by another selection process, that's my
understanding on this "Provisional" vs "Permanent" issues.

Therefore, the present NCDNHC NC members would complete our official
term of "SIX" months, until 2000. 2. 20 to serve those who voted for
us in the past NCDNHC election, which has been held last August.

I hope this could be an answer to NCDNHC permanent NC election process.
I also would like to hear from the other constituecies whose schedule
hasn't been clarified yet.

For the last, I appreciate Amadeu for your efforts to summarize and
clarify on pNC matter.

Regards,

YJ Park