Re: [council] NC Teleconference(1999. 9. 23) Agenda: DRAFT

> YJ Park wrote:
>
> Dear Council,
>
> Time flies.
> I wonder there is an agnda for the next teleconference(9/23)
> According to Elisabeth's Sept. 17th message,
> there are three postponed items we will deal with.

Dear YJ and fellow NCers,

As you would remember I had proposed that we select a Chair for the
nextGA meeting to be helped by a co-chair from within the NC. I
proposed Nii as the "non-NC candidate".

Nii has confirmed in private mail that:

* He would accept such nomination
* He also thinks that a co-chair would be needed
* co-chair form NC would help increasing coordination.

I propose therefore that we officailly appoint Nii Quaynor as GA Chair
for the Los Angeles Meeting.

As Jonathan Cohen will be chairing the NC meeting, I would like
proposing also that he serves as GA co-chair and work with Nii in the
agenda preparation. I have NOT checked with Jonathan whether he would
be willing to act as GA co-chair or not.

Finally, Nii agreed that in case he get elected to the ICANN Board (he
has already been nominated) he would decline from chairing the GA. As
Jonathan is also among the nominees, I guess this would also be his
case. I am not proposing now any other name, as they would be fatally
nominatd. NC will have time to solve this isue if it is necessary.

Best regards,

Amadeu

^S: I have not been able to read my e-mail since last thrusday mrning,
as I was in Istambul for a marriage. In a few hours I will be flying
to Paris, so I will not catch up until wednesday. In any case, I will
re-submit my motion on antiwarehousing policy to be discussed "in the
mailing list" insted that during the telconf.