Re: [council] Proposed Bylaws changes re SO elections

>- Shorten the post-election notification period to from 15 to 7 days, to
>maximize the period of time available for the SO Councils to complete the
>election process;

Agreed.

>- Clarify that an SO Council member cannot simultaneously serve as an ICANN
>Director;

I don't understand why the nominated can not participate in the Name
Council after been nominated. I don't agree.

>- Clarify that an SO Council member cannot vote or otherwise participate in
>an election for ICANN Director in which that member is also a nominated
>candidate;

Either agree. Is not incompatible. Beside, if 3 or 4 NC members would be
nominated to the ICANN Board, the result of the votation will not express
the real diversity of the NC. ( you are avoiding three votes for each NC
member nominated)

I would like to know the opinion from the other NC members.

Raul Echeberria
raul@inia.org.uy