From: Javier SOLA <javier@aui.es>
To: council@dnso.org <council@dnso.org>
Date: Tuesday, August 17, 1999 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: [council] Agenda for GA meeting, Santiago Chile

Nii,

I have strong objections to this agenda:

14:00 DNSO management/administration
(Objective: Discussion of GA chair such as the term (one term, or
until nov. 1999, or other)

The DNSO does not discuss the DNSO chair. The chair is elected by the NC.

16:00 Review of Working Groups
Working Groups established by the Interim Names Council
Working Groups proposed at public informal meeting held after Berlin
DNSO General Assembly
(Objective: to scope the current work of the DNSO and to establish
who is already involved and working on the issues identified. To
identify current working group leaders and members.)

The informal meeting organized in Berlin by the ccTLDs should NOT be mentioned in the agenda. Strong objection.

17:00 ICANN Board Member Nomination Issue
WG-D Report
Discussion

This issue should be part of the report of WG D above. There is no reason for it to be an independent issue, that is why it was taken out of another part of the agenda.

Closing at 19:00 is far too late. If we take these two issues out we could get back to the original plan of finishing at 18:00, (discussion starts at 16:30 or 17:00, instead of 18:00).

Javier