Re: [council] Fw: [ga] DNSO General Assembly - Revised Agenda

Javier,

>>>14:30 ICANN Board Member Nomination from DNSO General Assembly
>>>(Objective: discussion on nomination of ICANN Board members in september-
>>> october 1999, followed by election by Names Council in late October)
>
>I don't think that the GA must discuss nominations for ICANN Directors. It
>is not the GA assembly itself who does the nominations, but the members of
>the GA themselves independently.

But may be someone in NC should prepare the procedure we want to follow for
the nominations and describe it to the GA. Eg. when we open for nominations,
duration of the nominations period, what information on nominees required,
who seconds etc. Also a bit on how the NC makes the decisions etc.
Thereafter NC gets input from the GA. Its very important we continue to
appear inclusive in our relationship with the GA.

Can this compromise work?

Nii