[council] Vote on WG A Report - Deadline

Hi all,

The deadline for voting on WG - A report has expired. Well, in principle.

It was really unfortunate that we had to vote during the weekend. It was realy
unfortunate that it was during the first weekend of August (holidays,
anyone?). Not to speak about timezoner differences that made it
less-than-useful for various areas...

In fact I have written to both the DNSO Secretariat and ICANN CEO in order to
ascertain whether an extension was possible.

My assumption is that ICANN needs a period of three weeks of public comnets
before passing any resolution. This means that, tyaking into account that they
"working" session of the BoD is scheduled for Wednesday 26, the proposed
resolution (in this case, our DNSO Recommendation) should be posted beofre
August 5.

As we wuld need to re-compile the report, including the NC votes and the
minority opinions expressed, Jonathan and I would need at least 24 hours
(consider time zones, once again) to compelte it and send ti to ICANN, and
have them publishing it on the website.

I have therfore asked an extension of 24 hours for the vote. Taking into
consideration that only 50% of the voting members have participated in the
vote, I would encourage NC to accept this extension. I am still waiting for an
answer form ICANN, btw.

In the meantime, I encourage you all to vote. Consider the time extension as
"provisional". As everything else in this process. If we decide later that the
extension was not warranted we will not count those voitng form now on.

Amadeu

PS: Ken, Fay, Nii, Michael, Tony, Theresa, Javier, Jon, Jonathan: PLEAE VOTE.

PS2. Thansk to the gTLD consituency. Is the only one with a 100% turnout. We
always supsected this was a rahter cohesive consituency ;-)))

PS3: And a specual mention goes to the Busienss & Comercial Constituency: none
of their NC reps have voted :-((