[agenda]

[agenda] Re: Recall of GA Chair

Philip,

Where is the Timeline for the current meeting Agenda, the deadline for IC
input, the deadline to post to the NC and the deadline for papers? All of
these should have been posted with the draft agenda prior to announcement
being made to the NC and GA, shouldn't they?

According to the agreed rules, "The Intake Committee shall have the sole
discretion to deviate from these procedures when externalities dictate."
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-intake/Arc00/msg00026.html

When exactly did the Intake Committee agree to your deviation from
procedures? Exactly what are the externalities that dictated the decision to
add to the agenda so late and without any discussion with any member of the
IC? I would have thought externalities would dictate item 8 as "Election of
new Intake Committee Chair".

Also in the rules, "Last minute. In case of issues arising subsequent to the
above timetable, NC members will be able to propose items for any other
business at the start of an NC meeting. Such items will be accepted for
discussion that day or deferred to the IC at the discretion of the NC chair.
" http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-intake/Arc00/msg00048.html

Did you consider discussing William Walsh's comment in AOB, or deferring it
to the IC for discussion at all?

It is evident that you have vigorously enforced intake committee procedures
in the past. For example, you wrote:-

1) "Please let me have your agreement today Monday
September 25 as the period of notice for the next meeting expires Wednesday
28 September !" http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-intake/Arc00/msg00068.html

2) "In order to give sufficient notice to NC members and to allow time for
consultation within constituencies items must be submitted 21 days before
the date of the meeting.
This time limit has passed for the 19 October meeting.  We welcome your
input now and up to 24 October 2000 for the Names Council meeting of 14
November 2000." http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-intake/Arc00/msg00075.html

3)
 "Timeline
        o Agenda input closes 3 January 2001
        o IC submits draft agenda to chair latest 9 January
        o Chair amends/approves and Secretary posts to NC latest 10 January
        o Agenda item documents sent to NC latest 17 January"
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-intake/Arc00/msg00180.html

4) "Note we are late with the timetable and should post to the NC today. So,
please comments on the agenda by Paris time 16.00 Feb 13.
Philip " http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-intake/Arc00/msg00206.html

5) "I am travelling a lot next week and will miss the 25 April deadline for
posting the agenda to the NC. So please post this agenda below. The Intake
Committee may still have changes and I can take them when I return."
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-intake/Arc00/msg00238.html

With so many pressing issues to address in numerous Task Forces on which you
sit, not to mention the additional burden of the Board's directive to focus
on security issues, could a few things be falling through the net because
you are spreading yourself too thin?

Regards,
Joanna Lane