----- Mensaje original -----
Enviado: Jueves 26 de Julio de 2001
Asunto: RE: [nc-whois] Survey review
Paul, sorry I forgot to forward a message of support
to the changes you outline below. We do have a challenging work process
ahead. But, I'm with you on the changes. We must schedule shortly in Montevideo.
I can arrive as early as evening of 4th, if others
can come in early to work on 5th? Even if not everyone, perhaps a
sub-team can do some work and report to others when they arrive. We do need to
make some kind of preliminary report, I agree.
of all may I thank all Committee members who have responded either
publicly or privately to my earlier mails.
May I seek your support for the following proposal:
- We extend the closure of the Comment Period until the 14th August to
ensure all those who want to participate in this consultation are able
to do so.
- We ask ICANN to make available to the whole community (via the web)
all comments submitted - but not to associate the comments with the
identity of the author.
- All Committee members have access to all the information including
(in confidence) the identity of the author.
- In advance of Montevideo we ask ICANN to tabulate the results of the
survey, including the country of the respondent, as an overview....
please note the survey was not a "poll"... so we may present some
preliminary findings to the ICANN meeting....
- We schedule a face to face meeting whilst in Montevideo of all WHOIS
Committee Members in attendance.... and discuss how we propose to review
the data in light of the our preliminary examination.
FYI, the GAC will be discussing the WHOIS issue/survey at their
WHOIS Committee Chair