[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ga] Re: [IFWP] Rick White's nomination -- Newsbytes report
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [ga] Re: [IFWP] Rick White's nomination -- Newsbytes report
- From: "Mark C. Langston" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:31:10 -0700
- In-Reply-To: Your message of "Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:20:13 -0800." <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 12 October 1999, Ellen Rony <email@example.com> wrote:
>Five supporters can be confirmed from the GA list.The nominator and another
>supporter are apparently members of a constituency, the former joining the
>day he placed White's name in nomination. However, I do not assume that
>becoming a member of a constituency is the same as subscribing to its list.
>Nonetheless, that still leaves three names in question, and if two of those
>do not qualify, White cannot be considered a valid candidate.
That right there should disqualify this candidate. Typically, when a vote
is announced, the membership eligible for voting is 'frozen', meaning only
those qualified to vote ***when the vote is announced*** may vote, or in
this case, nominate.
To pursue any other course is to invite stuffing and capture of
exactly the sort that AT&T is attempting right now with Mr. White.
Mark C. Langston
San Jose, CA
NP: Henry Rollins' spoken word: "Sweatbox:Santa Cruz Pig"