[ga] ERC: Charts, individual participation
I have prepared some charts to illustrate the 2 October
ERC recommendations. As usual, they're an (unofficial)
help to clarify things a bit; if you think you have
found a mistake, please let me know.
The URL is http://www.icannchannel.de/erc-02oct.pdf
(PDF file, 290 kB). If you're on a slow connection,
a 62 kB zipped PDF file is available at
It consists of the following eight pages:
- Proposed new ICANN structure
- The ICANN Nominating Committee
- The GNSO Council
- The GNSO Council (transitional)
- GNSO Policy Development Process
- GNSO Policy Development: Task force approach
- GNSO Policy Development: Approach without task forces
- Reconsideration, review and ombudsman
Regarding individual participation, this ERC recommendation
- does not mention the creation of a place for individual
domain name holders in the GNSO
- proposes "that in the steady-state future there be no
GNSO General Assembly"
- replaces the seats for individual domain name holders
on the NomCom with ALAC seats (where ALAC members
are appointed by the Board)
- abolishes the right of individuals to raise issues in
the GNSO proposed by the Names Policy Development
Assistance Group (see proposed Bylaws, Annex A, 1)
In other words, it fails to provide individual users and
domain name registrants with a voice and a seat at the
table. Very disappointing.
This message was passed to you via the email@example.com list.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe
("unsubscribe ga" in the body of the message).
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html