[ga] ICANN Reform: New Proposal for At-Large elections
The Board has expressed concerns about the validity, fairness,
representativeness, affordability and practicality of global online
An alternative to global online elections:
1. I take it as axiomatic that those who participate in ICANN activities
constitute a well-defined and informed electorate. ICANN Supporting
Organizations have membership rosters. We are also aware of the names and
email addresses of everyone that has participated in ICANN plenary sessions,
working groups, task forces, committees and forums over the course of the
last four years. This small identifiable group of informed participants (at
most a few thousand) constitutes the immediate body that represents the
2. Emails may be sent to all such current and former ICANN participants with
the request that they identify themselves as part of a specific geographic
region and provide their current address.
3. A list of voters for each region is thereby established, and from such a
list candidates will emerge for each region.
4. Paper ballots are mailed to the physical addresses of the voters.
5. This approach is affordable, practical, sufficiently representative,
fair, and avoids the potential for fraud and/or capture.
This message was passed to you via the firstname.lastname@example.org list.
Send mail to email@example.com to unsubscribe
("unsubscribe ga" in the body of the message).
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html