[ga] RE: Open Letter to Mr Jeff Neuman from The Internet Challenge
- To: "'Richard Henderson'" <email@example.com>, "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@neustar.us>, vint cerf <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Legal-NeuLevel <Legal@Neulevel.Biz>
- Subject: [ga] RE: Open Letter to Mr Jeff Neuman from The Internet Challenge
- From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@neustar.us>
- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:57:54 -0500
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following was posted on our Website this afternoon:
Statement from Jeffrey J. Neuman
Director, Policy and Intellectual Property
April 11, 2002
NeuLevel, Inc., today announced that it has placed on "registry hold" some
.BIZ domain names that were recently awarded in the Round-Robin Process for
the "Group 2B" domain names. This action was taken in cooperation with the
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and in response
to potentially abusive domain name registration practices. NeuLevel is also
analyzing whether these names were registered in violation of its
restrictions document, which can be found at
http://www.neulevel.biz/ardp/index.html. NeuLevel intends to work with ICANN
and the .BIZ Registrars to complete its investigation and provide
recommendations on further action by early May.
NeuLevel remains committed to preserving the integrity of the .BIZ domain
name space, the world's first and only Internet domain established to meet
the unique needs of businesses. We appreciate your cooperation and patience
in this matter.
END OF STATEMENT
FYI: Please note that domains placed on "Registry Hold" are removed from
the Zone File, cannot be deleted or transferred, and no updates to domain
records can be made.
This message was passed to you via the email@example.com list.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe
("unsubscribe ga" in the body of the message).
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html