[ga] Registrars Bill of Rights
Having reviewed Mr. Walsh's recent remarks, perhaps it is indeed time to
re-affirm the rights of registrars and re-sellers...
Registrars Bill of Rights
A registrar has the right:
1. to hoard and warehouse domain names
2. to speculate in domain names
3. to not operate a public service
4. to not abide by principles for allocation of registered names, such as
5. to not verify contact information associated with a registered name at
time of registration
6. to not periodically re-verify such contact information
7. to suspend or cancel any registration to correct its own mistakes
8. to establish its own proprietary procedures for handling expiration of
9. to hold domain names hostage in transfer proceedings
10. to charge up to $10,000 for bulk access to registrants' personal data
11. to offer symbol system and internationalized domain names that don't
resolve on the Internet
12. to engage in "pre-registration" activities
plese feel free to add to this list.
This message was passed to you via the firstname.lastname@example.org list.
Send mail to email@example.com to unsubscribe
("unsubscribe ga" in the body of the message).
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html