Re: [ga] Public Statement to the Boards of Afilias, Neulevel, ICANN and the Subcommittee for Telecommunications and the Internet
- To: "Richard Henderson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [ga] Public Statement to the Boards of Afilias, Neulevel, ICANN and the Subcommittee for Telecommunications and the Internet
- From: William X Walsh <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 18:26:24 -0800
- CC: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@neustar.us>, "vint cerf" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Legal-NeuLevel" <Legal@Neulevel.Biz>, <email@example.com>, <DEvans@doc.gov>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, "Karl Auerbach" <karl@CaveBear.com>, "Jefsey Morfin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-Reply-To: <001601c1dc44$ee7f6de0$2a5afc3e@r6yll>
- Organization: wxSoft.info
- References: <A83B38C38B3ED6119D3600306E0722D016ECF5@dc02.npac.com><001601c1dc44$ee7f6de0$2a5afc3e@r6yll>
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, Richard, can you please direct me to where you see a
requirement that Registrars have a public service available?
I can find no such requirement, but I may be missing something.
I, for one, would have a problem with such a requirement, as I
can see a justification for someone to become a registrar to provide
domain registration services to a select group of clients, and have no
interest in dealing with the general public. And I do not see any
harm from that, since the public has numerous other registrars which
they can choose to do business with.
I do not believe such a requirement exists, nor do I believe it should
exist, so I am trying to understand the nature of your complaint and
what exactly you are seeking as a solution.
William X Walsh <email@example.com>
Save Internet Radio!
CARP will kill Webcasting!
This message was passed to you via the firstname.lastname@example.org list.
Send mail to email@example.com to unsubscribe
("unsubscribe ga" in the body of the message).
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html