[council] Draft agenda for teleconference 14 Nov 2002
I propose the following agenda for the next names council teleconference to
be held on Thursday 14 November 2002.
1. Approval of agenda
2. Summary of last meetings
3. Issues arising from the Names Council meeting on 29 October 2002
3.1 Briefing by Louis Touton on implementation of policies (30 mins).
For background see:
Questions of clarification include the difference between "policy" and
"administrative detail", and the level of guidance ICANN staff require to
implement a "policy" developed via consensus. For example should a policy
state that "there should be a maximum period for a particular action", or
should the policy state "the maximum period for an action is 3 days".
Note the current registry contracts have many examples of specific
4. UDRP update - report from J.Scott Evans on next steps (15 mins)
5. New TLD process - discuss Stuart Lynn proposal (30 mins)
6. Budget Report (20 mins)
- current financial status
- projected position for 31 Dec 2002
- discuss DNSO budget for 1 Jan 2003 to 30 June 2003, and estimate
constituency contributions required for 2003.
7. GNSO budget planning for 1 July 2003 to 30 June 2004 (20 mins)
Proposal for initial planning of GNSO budget to be delegated to the Budget
Additional Names Council members welcome to join the budget committee for
- determine desired budget to support GNSO process (including staffing, and
- determine what level of funding would be available from ICANN
- determine whether GNSO council wishes or needs to obtain additional
funding from constituencies to fund any shortfalls from ICANN
8. Agenda topics for 14 Dec 2002:
a. transfers task force recommendations -= for decision
b. WHOIS task force recommendations - for decision
c. 1 Jan 2003 to 30 June 2003 budget and constituency contributions - for
9 Any other business