[wg-e] DNSO WG-E editors - proposal

here is the current status on the members for each Part;

Part 1:	Overview		kilnam
Part 2: Information Material    jeff - interim editor
				yj
				(elisabeth - for dnso.org)
				(andrew - for icann.org)
Part 3: Outreach		yj - interim editor
				jeff
Part 4: Awareness		ben - interim editor
				(diane - for berkman center workshop)
				chuck
				(bill semich - for wwtld/aptld workshop)
Part 5: Funding			bill washburn - interim editor

am i missing anybody?

chon

PS: (name) is the person we have not received any message, but we believe who
    could contribute.

PPS: tentatively assign as INTERIM editors, and later to be decided formally
     (say in january 2000).

will post the report format again.

I. proposed format of each part(possibly exclusing Part 5, which may need
   different format) may be as follows;

	a. title
	b. objective
	c. scope
	d. members
	e. schedule
	f. description of each item
	g. funding
	h. issues/remarks
	reference
	appendix: case studies

will post the sample case studies again.
II. cases to be considered

2.1 Information Materials

1. website

	icann
	*so
	constituencies
	cyber.law

2. presentation materials

	icann board/secretariat
	aptld
	(more)

3. brochures/reports

	icann board/secretariat
	cpsr
	(more)

4. video

	usa(?)
	korea(ebs)
	(more)

2.2 Outreach Seminars and Tutorials

1. APTLD Internet Seminar Tour
	KL, Seoul, Bangkok, Beijing, Hong Kong,...

2. Intellectual Property Constituency of DNSO
	various cities around the world(7 or more cities so far)

3. (more; japan,....)

2.3 Awareness Workshops

For ICANN participants and similar audience.

1. Berkman Center of Harvard on ICANN Workshop, 1999.10.31 Los Angeles
	every 4 months?
2. ccTLD Joint Workshop, 1999.6 San Jose
	annual
3. aptld workshop, 1999.3 Singapore, 2000.2 Seoul
	annuaul
	on DNS
4. centr workshop, 1998.9,
	annual?
	on ccTLD
5. LACTLD workshop, 1999.8
	on ccTLD
6. (more)

2.4 Funding

1. Merkle Foundation
	committed $1M to ICANN with the first payment of $200,000, some of
	which could be used for the global awareness and outreach.  the first
	project was Berkaman Center's Workshop on 1999.10.31 in Los Angeles
	during ICANN Meeting.

2. (more)