Re: [[wg-e] website discussion, etc.]

Very good points!!!!

ICANN has hired and is paying a PR to help and I would assume we will work
with them.  We should contact them to see if they are willing and able to help
in this regard.  If the chair or committee so requests, I will attempt to
contact them.

Jeff Graber
AIP

WICG@aol.com wrote:
Hello All,

Because of our embryonic state, lack of capital (at this point) and
geogrphically widespread participation, it's going to be difficult (but not
impossible) to follow a few basic marketing/advertising rules in promoting
ICANN membership. Some of these are obvious, but are quite often ignored when

promoting a service or product -  and that's a mistake I don't want to see us

make. Image and first impressions will be of critical importance for the next

year.

It's been discussed that the outreach program will involve website and direct

mail campaigns, along with (presumably) a serious media relations effort.
Whatever the final outreach menu might be, we should try to be careful to
coordinate the design and corporate identity in these materials. Using the
logo alone is not enough. The message and look should be clean and concise,
reflecting order and leadership. (Well, it should at least look that way ;-)
It may sound frivolous, but the website and the brochures, for example,
should compliment each other in every possible way. To do less would
communicate uncertainty and lack of direction.

Who would direct this coordination? Don't know. I guess this would all need
to filter through the ICANN staff, but I encourage WG-E to establish a
sub-group responsible for these particular tasks. This sort of thing is part
of what my firm does on a daily basis, so consider me a volunteer.

Thanks,
Jay Parker
West Indies Communications Group
Charleston, SC