Re: [wg-d] Forward (Repost)

Still available.  And I believe (but cant verify as I dont have access to my
archives) that Tim Denton volunteered as well.

The schedule is ambitious (especially the first cut for people to play with by
Jan 14, 1999.  I suggest a more realistic date (and only slightly
tongue-in-cheek) of Jan 14, 2000. And Id love a few more days to get it right
the first time..

Dan

> Now that the year end holidays are behind us, I thought we should really
> find our way quickly to the end of our work. Since this Working Group was
> chartered just prior to the Santiago meeting, it would be nice to finish
> within two meeting cycles, which means having a completed work product by
> the Cairo meeting.
>
> To that end, we had a productive meeting in person in Los Angeles, the notes
> of which were posted here some weeks ago. At that time, we proposed a number
> of changes to the earlier draft. As I recall, Mark Langston and Dan
> Steinberg agreed several months ago to work on the follow-up draft. If they
> are still available and interested, I'd suggest that we (and anyone else who
> is interested) revise the current draft over the next week and work on the
> following schedule:
>
>  Small Drafting Group
>  Revision Posted to WG-D.....................January 14, 1999
>
>  WG-D Internal Comment
>  and Revision Period.........................January 21, 1999
>
>  Public Comment Period Begins................January 24, 1999
>
>  Public Comment Period Ends..................February 25, 1999
>
>  WG-D Revisions Based on
>  Public Comments.............................March 3, 1999
>
>  Submission to Names Council.................March 6, 1999
>
> I hope that's workable. It's the best timetable I can see based on the time
> that is left, though any suggestions would be welcome.
>
> Also, anyone who would like to work over the next week on the small drafting
> committee to get the next internal draft completed, please let me know.
>
> Happy 2000,
>
>        Bret

This message was sent using Travel-Net Web Mail.
http://www.travel-net.com/