RE: [wg-d] Working Group Membership

> >And I'd note that, per the bylaws, the GA "should" be composed of
> >"individuals", not entities, organizations, corporations, or
> >constituencies.

> My interpretation of the bylaws is that individuals (not corporations etc)
> can participate in working groups.  They don't say anything directly about
> who can be a member of the GA.  In fact, "membership" as a concept might not
> fit the GA, given that the participants in it are not qualified at all.

I agree about participation in working groups.

But I do believe that GA participation is open *exclusively* to
individuals:

Article VI-B, Section 4(a):

	"... The participants in the GA should be individuals..."

It says nothing about the GA being open to entities or organizations.

Throughout the entire ICANN bylaws the word "should" is used where the
meaning is clearly "shall".  I don't see any reason that this section
would be an exception to that (mis)usage of the word.

		--karl--