Re: [wg-d] Silence (Was: Streamlining Voting)

> When there is someone who is present and does not vote during
> a formal vote, than person is said to have abstained, and abstentions
> are not counted in the affirmative.
>
> In fact, this illustrates the crux of the issue of silence:
>
> Do we consider those who are silent as present, and unwilling to
> voice their opinion, or do we consider them as absent, and unable
> to voice their opinion?

i think it's a matter of time, or that's been kind of the way things have
happened in the past, except when railroads head toward the brick wall.

i.e. "here is what we think the consensus is.  please take this seriously,
and please state any serious objections before next wednesday 01:00gmt."

randy