Re: [wg-d] NC Elections. Was: ga] DNSO General Assembly - Revised Agenda

> >Read the bylaws. The NC is a decision making entity, it can send to the
> >Board whatever proposal is feels like. It can alter anything its wants, it
> >can tell a WG that its results are of no interest whatsoever. The NC
> >represents the Internet Community proportionally, the GA doesn't, that is
> >why the GA does not vote.
>
> I think you may have misspoke. The NC is not proportional representation.
> At present, it gives six commercial constituencies *equal* representation
> on the NC. Certainly, of the recognized groups, the number of potential
> members of the Business and Commercial constituency far outnumber the
> ccTLD registries, for example, yet they get equal votes in the NC.
>
>      -- Bret

==> You are both right, just wording differs.
    The slicing into constituency was needed to preserve
    a say for every important (impacted by domain names) group.
    Each group got a slice of 1/7.
    This weighting gives a say to ccTLD registries (a group of 239,
    a very complicated structure by the way), which could be
    outnumbered otherwise.

    In fact, I am learning more and more, that the creation
    of global space with erased borders (may look very enticing)
    has many side effects, including a strong domination
    of relatively small group.

    Elisabeth