Re: [wg-d] determining the make up of working group D

In every example you gave, I would permit you to vote.

Until this there is a demonstrated, concrete, real-life, non-fabricated
situation for us to consider, I would say that we assume that everyone who
participates is a valid person operating in good faith.

There is no reason to throw out democratic principles because one can
conceive of ways to abuse it.

I might add that consensus based techniques are no less open to
manipulation and packing.  Our INEG friend is just as present in the IETF
as he is in ICANN.

Even nutcases have a right to vote.  But they will be outvoted by the
larger numbers of reasonable people, that is unless we scare the
reasonable people away because we spend all of our time dealing with
nutcase issues.

		--karl--