[wg-d] My bio

I am a professor of law at the University of Miami.  My various articles
on e-commerce, crypto and other Internet law (and in one case economics)
topics are accessible from http://www.law.tm as is my full c.v. (look
for the link near the bottom of the page).

When in private practice before entering teaching seven years ago, I was
an arbitration lawyer, and that experience has colored my views on the
various arbitration proposals before ICANN.

I recently served as a member of WIPO's advisory panel of 'Experts'
which was (a little) more than window-dressing but (much) less than
decisive in the preparation of WIPO's advisory report to ICANN.  My
thoughts on that process are at http://www.law.miami.edu/~amf .

I own or control four domains: law.tm, discourse.org, vbank.org and
vfinance.org .  Although I might arguably be eligible for membership in
the non-commercial domain name holders' constituency, since vbank &
vfinance are for a center on internet banking & finance we will soon be
starting, I think on balance I would not be, since the center is likely
to be part of my law school.  I am clearly not eligible for membership
in any other recognized constituency.

The following might be perceived as conflicts of interest:

* I do some consulting on various Internet related topics, a little of
which has involved telling people about developments in domain policy.
* I am a non-executive director of OUT2.com, an internet startup
* I am a member of ISOC
* I once was offered, and ate, a free sandwich or two during a tour of
the NSI facility in Reston, Va in conjunction with the IFWP meeting.

However, I have decided not to accept any contentious work relating to
domain names while involved in the policy process.

I am in France until Aug 15, which limits my ability to participate in
detailed debates - I up/dowload POP mail approx once per day, and spend
most of my time running after small children....
                -->   It's hot there.   I'm elsewhere.   <--