Re: [wg-d] WG Principles

> >I think it would be nice though for the Working Group itself to report to
> >the Names Council as to whether the WG believes that the elusive thing
> >called "consensus" exists. Perhaps this group can discern a better way to
> >allow that to happen.
>
> That's an interesting idea.  Mechanisms, anyone?

The working groups should send proposals *only* to the GA (well, they
could send a copy to the NC to be polite).  The NC is there merely to
coordinate, the NC is a limited group of selectees who get their power by
filling ICANN board seats (the GA can't.)

As for "consensus".  As they say "That dog won't hunt." -- Counting votes
on specific proposals is not that hard a thing to do. And it avoids a lot
of creative fantasising about what is "the consensus".

As for WG and GA membership -- the doors should be open to anyone who is
not disruptive.  We already have enough exclusionary policies laced
through ICANN, let's have a breath of fresh air and be inclusive.

		--karl--