[wg-d] Several things...

At the following link, you'll find several new items relevant to the
completion of our work.

  http://www.lextext.com/wgd/

This is just a staging page, so no need to bookmark it, as I will be asking
the DNSO secretariat to pull the most recent drafts to the official WGD
pages.

First, you'll find the latest draft of the policies and procedures, in html
and text (w/o line breaks, for copying into e-mail, if you want to comment
on specific text). You'll also find red-lined versions in Word and PDF
formats.

Second, please read the latest drafts in light of recent experiences from
WG-B and WG-C. It seems to me that we can learn a lot from what those groups
have done. What worked? What didn't?

Finally, we also now have some experience with how the NC handles WG reports
and we've seen the NC resolution incorporating the contribution of WG-C.
(You can listen to a poor man's web cast of the recent NC meeting by
following the links on the page above, and you might find it helpful to
compare the WG-C reports with the NC resolution (links provided)).

From what I can tell, given the high-level policy statement provided by the
NC to the ICANN Board, more work/time went into WGs B and C than might have
been warranted. I'd be interested in hearing the group's thoughts on that.
If the NC wants high-level policy statements, not details, are there better
ways to tailor the WG rules to provide that input?

Comments on the specific text of the latest drafts are welcome, and new
discussion on the lessons of our recent WG experiences would be valuable.

       -- Bret